Use 1-2 doses per hour. One spray to each nostril constitutes a dose, comparable to smoking one cigarette. Make sure you read and follow the directions enclosed with the medication, as well as any other information given to you by your doctor. The maximum recommended dose is 5 doses per hour or 40 doses total per day.
- Tilt your head back slightly while using nicotine spray.
- Spray nicotine spray in your nose whenever you feel the urge to smoke.
- Do not sniff, swallow, or inhale through the nose while the spray is being used
- Do not use more than 1 spray in each nostril for a dose without checking with your doctor.
- If you miss a dose of nicotine spray, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.