Some smokeless users find that cutting back on their nicotine intake prior to stopping completely helps them get through withdrawal when they quit. You could try to taper down by using substitutes like sugar free gum/candy or sunflower seeds for some of your dips. You could also try switching to a lower nicotine smokeless product. Don't add another type of tobacco - you will likely turn into a dual user!
Articles in this section
- Will quitting be easier if I cut back first?
- Can QuitNet help me quit smokeless tobacco?
- Can quit-meds help me quit smokeless tobacco?
- Are those nicotine-free herbal snuff products effective smokeless quit-tools?
- Why do I crave so much salt and sugar after I quit dip?
- Can I ever dip recreationally in the future?
- Is smokeless tobacco withdrawal similar to cigarette withdrawal?