No. Wellbutrin SR (sustained release) and Zyban are one and the same - sustained release buproprion. In combination, the blood levels may become very high and have serious side effects, like seizures. If you have been prescribed Zyban to help you quit smoking and feel that you also need an anti-depressant medication, talk with your doctor to find out what other anti-depressant medications you can safely use with Zyban. You may also find it helpful to develop alternative methods of dealing with anxiety (like deep breathing, meditation, physical exercise). The regular-release Wellbutrin is used strictly as an anti-depressant and hasn't proven effective as a quit-tool.
Articles in this section
- What is Zyban®?
- How does Zyban® work?
- Can I take Wellbutrin® for depression and Zyban® for quitting smoking?
- What's the standard Zyban® dosage?
- What are common side effects of Zyban®?
- Can I drive while taking Zyban®?
- Who should use Zyban?®
- How long do I use Zyban?®
- Who absolutely shouldn't take Zyban®/Wellbutrin®?
- How long should I take Zyban® before I quit?