There have been very few studies so far that have directly compared Chantix to other quit-medications, including combinations of NRTs. So far, it has been shown that Chantix is 2-3 times more effective than taking no quit medications, and at least as effective as NRT. We know that all of the FDA approved meds are effective. Depending on a smoker’s characteristics, medical or mental health problems, and history of side effects, a doctor may advise certain meds or combinations of meds over others. Chantix has worked for some smokers that have not had success with other quit-meds, but that can be said for each of the meds.
Articles in this section
- What is Chantix®/Champix®?
- How do I use Chantix®?
- What is the usual dose of Chantix®?
- Can I drive or operate machines while taking Chantix®?
- Can I take Chantix® if I have mental health problems?
- What are some side effects of Chantix®?
- How long should I take Chantix®?
- How does Chantix® compare to Zyban and NRTs in helping people to quit?
- Can I take Chantix® if I have heart disease?
- Can I take Chantix® with the nicotine patch?