In persons with mental health issues, especially depression, there is an FDA advisory since there have been reports of serious psychiatric adverse events, including depression, suicidal thoughts and suicide attempts. If you experience agitation, hostility, depressed mood, changes in behavior or thinking, or if you develop suicidal thoughts or behavior, immediately stop taking Chantix and contact a healthcare professional.
Articles in this section
- What is Chantix®/Champix®?
- How do I use Chantix®?
- What is the usual dose of Chantix®?
- Can I drive or operate machines while taking Chantix®?
- Can I take Chantix® if I have mental health problems?
- What are some side effects of Chantix®?
- How long should I take Chantix®?
- How does Chantix® compare to Zyban and NRTs in helping people to quit?
- Can I take Chantix® if I have heart disease?
- Can I take Chantix® with the nicotine patch?