The lozenge is usually used in decreasing frequency over a 12 week period. In the first couple weeks, use a lozenge every 1-2 hours, using at least nine lozenges per day. Gradually taper down after that. (Do not use more than five lozenges in 6 hours or more than 20 lozenges per day.) If you have trouble stopping the lozenge after 12 weeks, talk to your doctor about using it for a longer time.
Articles in this section
- What are advantages of the lozenge over other NRTs?
- How does the nicotine lozenge work?
- How do I use the lozenge?
- When do I start using the lozenge?
- How long should I use the lozenge?
- How do I decide what dose of lozenge to use?
- Is it dangerous to use more than the daily lozenge quota?
- Does the lozenge have sugar in it?
- Is the peppery or tingly taste in the lozenge or gum normal?
- Can a user switch lozenge dosages during treatment?