A huge benefit of the patch regimen is that it also breaks the behavioral smoking pattern, e.g. the hand-to-mouth repetition, in addition to helping with nicotine withdrawal symptoms. The patch can be used discretely and only needs to be applied once a day.
Articles in this section
- What are advantages of the patch over other NRTs?
- Why the 'step-down' approach to the patch?
- Where should I apply the patch?
- How long do I wear each patch?
- How long should I stay on the patch?
- What if the patch falls off during the day?
- Does the patch cause nightmares, and if so, what should I do?
- Will I absorb more nicotine from the patch when I exercise?
- Will I feel any withdrawal symptoms when I drop to the next lower patch?
- Can I cut the patch in half?