You may want to reapply a new patch and carefully dispose of the patch that fell off (throw it away out of reach of children and pets). Be sure to apply to a different place on the skin that is dry, clean and hairless and press the patch firmly for at least 10 seconds. Do not use moisturizing lotion or soap where the patch is applied. The patch is designed to withstand short exposures to water (bathing, showering, and swimming). If you are concerned about exposure to moisture or excessive activity or sweating, try using medical or sports tape over the patch to help secure it.
Articles in this section
- What are advantages of the patch over other NRTs?
- Why the 'step-down' approach to the patch?
- Where should I apply the patch?
- How long do I wear each patch?
- How long should I stay on the patch?
- What if the patch falls off during the day?
- Does the patch cause nightmares, and if so, what should I do?
- Will I absorb more nicotine from the patch when I exercise?
- Will I feel any withdrawal symptoms when I drop to the next lower patch?
- Can I cut the patch in half?