You can go into stressful situations and still not smoke. Decide ahead of time what your plan will be. Who can you call in a quit-emergency? Will you have access to QuitNet or other support? Do you have an exit plan (excuse to leave)? Make quit-related commitments to another ex-smoker(s) and keep them updated on how you're doing. Ask for online support and suggestions.
Articles in this section
- Will I always be addicted to nicotine?
- How soon after quitting will my health improve?
- Will I see positive benefits of quitting right away?
- Should I avoid alcohol at first?
- How do I stay motivated?
- How do I take care of myself?
- How do I keep my hands busy?
- Can exercise diminish cravings?
- Should I avoid my smoking friends?
- How do I survive social events without smoking?