If you've been accustomed to smoking during family gatherings, or at social events, it'll be helpful to have a strategy for coping with cigarette temptation during such functions. You might discuss an 'escape plan' which allows you to leave if you find things getting a bit rough. Try repeating an affirmation, like, "I don't smoke no matter what; no matter I what, I don't smoke". Reflect on reasons why you've quit, or benefits you've already noticed since your quit. Text a friend or support buddy in the event you think you may waver in your quit.
Articles in this section
- Will I always be addicted to nicotine?
- How soon after quitting will my health improve?
- Will I see positive benefits of quitting right away?
- Should I avoid alcohol at first?
- How do I stay motivated?
- How do I take care of myself?
- How do I keep my hands busy?
- Can exercise diminish cravings?
- Should I avoid my smoking friends?
- How do I survive social events without smoking?