When you get a craving to smoke, go for a walk. Try walking a route you don't normally take (instead of one that takes you past your local cig-dealer!) and observe everything around you. Be aware of your breathing. Simply inhaling and exhaling can relax your body and mind, which are very connected. The craving will pass and in the process you'll become a little bit stronger.
Articles in this section
- Will I always be addicted to nicotine?
- How soon after quitting will my health improve?
- Will I see positive benefits of quitting right away?
- Should I avoid alcohol at first?
- How do I stay motivated?
- How do I take care of myself?
- How do I keep my hands busy?
- Can exercise diminish cravings?
- Should I avoid my smoking friends?
- How do I survive social events without smoking?