Acne is usually reported more often while smoking than after quitting, but some ex-smokers report 'quit zits' within the first month of quitting. They may be related to stress or dietary changes during quitting, or to a temporary chemical or hormonal imbalance. They are not fun, but also not permanent, and proof that your quit is on the right track. If over-the-counter products aren't effective, see your doctor for medication.
Articles in this section
- What should I do on Quit Day?
- What is 'withdrawal'?
- What are some common withdrawal symptoms?
- How long will it take to become nicotine-free?
- Why do I have cravings to smoke?
- How can I get better sleep?
- Why am I coughing so much?
- Is it normal to feel so tired?
- Why do I feel sad?
- How do I cope with anger?