Anxiety can occur during withdrawal. Sometimes we discover underlying mental/emotional issues previously masked by tobacco addiction. If you have a history of panic attacks or anxiety, talk with your doctor before you quit to consider medication. Also, you might find it helpful to talk with someone about anxiety to learn new ways to manage it.
Articles in this section
- What should I do on Quit Day?
- What is 'withdrawal'?
- What are some common withdrawal symptoms?
- How long will it take to become nicotine-free?
- Why do I have cravings to smoke?
- How can I get better sleep?
- Why am I coughing so much?
- Is it normal to feel so tired?
- Why do I feel sad?
- How do I cope with anger?