It is recommended you take Chantix a full 12 weeks. If you have completely quit smoking by 12 weeks, your doctor might suggest another 12 weeks of Chantix to further strengthen your quit. If you have not stopped smoking at the end of 12 weeks, talk to your doctor and/or your quit-smoking coach. They can work with you to uncover weak spots in your quit plan, and help get you ready to try again.
Articles in this section
- What is Chantix®/Champix®?
- How do I use Chantix®?
- What is the usual dose of Chantix®?
- Can I drive or operate machines while taking Chantix®?
- Can I take Chantix® if I have mental health problems?
- What are some side effects of Chantix®?
- How long should I take Chantix®?
- How does Chantix® compare to Zyban and NRTs in helping people to quit?
- Can I take Chantix® if I have heart disease?
- Can I take Chantix® with the nicotine patch?