Nausea is the most common side effect associated with varenicline, affecting about 30% of users (but resulting in less than 3% discontinuation rates). Insomnia appears to be substantially less of a problem for Chantix users than for users of bupropion (Zyban®). Other reported side effects include headaches, trouble sleeping, unusual dreams, flatulence (gas), and changes in taste.
Articles in this section
- What is Chantix®/Champix®?
- How do I use Chantix®?
- What is the usual dose of Chantix®?
- Can I drive or operate machines while taking Chantix®?
- Can I take Chantix® if I have mental health problems?
- What are some side effects of Chantix®?
- How long should I take Chantix®?
- How does Chantix® compare to Zyban and NRTs in helping people to quit?
- Can I take Chantix® if I have heart disease?
- Can I take Chantix® with the nicotine patch?