The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) issued an advisory after the FDA cautioned against driving or operating machinery until you know how Chantix affects you. FMCSA regulations for interstate truck and bus drivers prohibit the use of drugs that adversely affect the driver's ability to safely operate a commercial motor vehicle, and has advised medical examiners not to certify drivers taking Chantix.
Articles in this section
- What is Chantix®/Champix®?
- How do I use Chantix®?
- What is the usual dose of Chantix®?
- Can I drive or operate machines while taking Chantix®?
- Can I take Chantix® if I have mental health problems?
- What are some side effects of Chantix®?
- How long should I take Chantix®?
- How does Chantix® compare to Zyban and NRTs in helping people to quit?
- Can I take Chantix® if I have heart disease?
- Can I take Chantix® with the nicotine patch?