The manufacturer recommends that users simply diminish the number of lozenges used daily, rather than the dose of each lozenge. This protocol is clinically proven to be the most effective for the greatest number of users. If, however, you feel that you are receiving too much nicotine from a 4 mg lozenge, you might want to try switching to the 2 mg lozenge.
Articles in this section
- What are advantages of the lozenge over other NRTs?
- How does the nicotine lozenge work?
- How do I use the lozenge?
- When do I start using the lozenge?
- How long should I use the lozenge?
- How do I decide what dose of lozenge to use?
- Is it dangerous to use more than the daily lozenge quota?
- Does the lozenge have sugar in it?
- Is the peppery or tingly taste in the lozenge or gum normal?
- Can a user switch lozenge dosages during treatment?