If you follow the package instructions for tapering off, you should experience few, if any, withdrawal symptoms. You can also chew and park each piece for a shorter time, if you find that the 4mg is getting too heavy in general, or drop down to the 2mg gum.
Articles in this section
- What are advantages of gum over other NRTs?
- How do I use nicotine gum?
- Can I eat or drink before or while using gum or the lozenge?
- What's the right way to use the gum?
- How long and how often should I use the gum?
- When I stop using the 4mg gum, will I go into withdrawal?
- What are some side effects of nicotine gum?
- Is the peppery or tingly taste in the lozenge or gum normal?
- How do I choose between 2mg and 4mg gum?
- I'm using the correct dose the of gum; why am I still craving?