Eating or drinking even mildly acidic foods and beverages directly before using or while using the gum or lozenge inhibits nicotine absorption into your bloodstream. A basic alkaline pH is required for the nicotine in Nicorette to be properly released from the gum and absorbed through the lining of your mouth. We recommend waiting 15 minutes after eating or drinking before using the gum or lozenge. Do not eat or drink while using the gum or lozenge.
Articles in this section
- What are advantages of gum over other NRTs?
- How do I use nicotine gum?
- Can I eat or drink before or while using gum or the lozenge?
- What's the right way to use the gum?
- How long and how often should I use the gum?
- When I stop using the 4mg gum, will I go into withdrawal?
- What are some side effects of nicotine gum?
- Is the peppery or tingly taste in the lozenge or gum normal?
- How do I choose between 2mg and 4mg gum?
- I'm using the correct dose the of gum; why am I still craving?