NRT has not been tested for safety and effectiveness in the under-18 population. Currently it is not approved by the FDA for use in this population; you should consult with your physician before making any decisions.
Articles in this section
- What are NRTs and what do they do?
- How much will NRT improve my chance of quitting?
- How do I decide which NRT to use?
- Can I use NRT if I have heart disease or high blood pressure?
- Should I choose a quit-med if I relapsed last time I used it?
- Why would I want to use the patch, gum, or lozenge if I’m trying to quit nicotine?
- Will NRTs get rid of my cravings to smoke?
- If I slip and have a cigarette, should I quit my NRT?
- Does NRT work for smokeless tobacco users?
- If I’m taking other medications, can I use NRT?