It is the nicotine in tobacco products that leads to addiction. Since all tobacco products contain nicotine, they all have the potential to be addictive. In fact, large cigars can contain up to 20 times as much tobacco as cigarettes. One can of chewing tobacco absorbed per week can provide as much nicotine as 15 cigarettes per day, depending on the type and brand.
Articles in this section
- What is in secondhand smoke?
- How many people smoke in the U.S.?
- Do I face fewer health risks as a cigar smoker?
- What is thirdhand smoke?
- What are the harmful substances in cigarette smoke?
- What are some of the harmful effects of smoking on health?
- Is it true that menthol cigarettes are more harmful?
- Is hookah safer than smoking cigarettes?
- Is light smoking safer than heavier smoking?
- Does smoking cause dementia?