Whether or not you gain weight depends on a variety of factors. Many people find their appetite increases when they quit smoking. Eating healthier, smaller portions, avoiding too much snacking, limiting alcohol, exercising, and drinking lots of water can help to minimize weight gain. Be sure you don't replace cigarettes with eating. It is better to secure your quit before you start tackling other issues. Any weight you might gain can be lost after you keep your quit.
Articles in this section
- Will I always be addicted to nicotine?
- How soon after quitting will my health improve?
- Will I see positive benefits of quitting right away?
- Should I avoid alcohol at first?
- How do I stay motivated?
- How do I take care of myself?
- How do I keep my hands busy?
- Can exercise diminish cravings?
- Should I avoid my smoking friends?
- How do I survive social events without smoking?