Write down the three strongest reasons you have for giving up smoking. Circle the one that's most important to you. Keep the list with you or put it in a place where you'll see it. You may find it helpful to keep a copy in a spot where you used to smoke. Reminding yourself of your main reason for quitting can pull you through the most difficult situations.
Articles in this section
- Will I always be addicted to nicotine?
- How soon after quitting will my health improve?
- Will I see positive benefits of quitting right away?
- Should I avoid alcohol at first?
- How do I stay motivated?
- How do I take care of myself?
- How do I keep my hands busy?
- Can exercise diminish cravings?
- Should I avoid my smoking friends?
- How do I survive social events without smoking?