Early in your quitting, it's normal to experience uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms; but you may also notice some positive changes right from the start, like fresher breath and clean smelling hair. It is important to acknowledge the short and long term benefits you receive from quitting smoking. Focusing on the positive aspects of quitting helps keep you motivated and moving forward. Soon you may notice that your morning cough has disappeared, you can walk up the stairs and you are not out of breath, and the food you prepare smells and tastes good. Quitting helps improve self image and self esteem. You will conquer an addiction, set a good example and take back control of your life.
Articles in this section
- Will I always be addicted to nicotine?
- How soon after quitting will my health improve?
- Will I see positive benefits of quitting right away?
- Should I avoid alcohol at first?
- How do I stay motivated?
- How do I take care of myself?
- How do I keep my hands busy?
- Can exercise diminish cravings?
- Should I avoid my smoking friends?
- How do I survive social events without smoking?