If you've just quit smoking and are feeling anxious or angry, a good way to get some aggression out is to punch a pillow! Anger has to go somewhere; you can take all the uncomfortable feelings you're having and target them at a pillow -- like a big couch pillow. Remember: you have the strength to get through any feeling, even intense anger, without smoking. Try removing yourself from the situation, go for a walk, call a good friend, practice deep breathing, listen to music, and most of all - stay positive - quitting smoking is the best gift you can give to yourself.
Articles in this section
- What should I do on Quit Day?
- What is 'withdrawal'?
- What are some common withdrawal symptoms?
- How long will it take to become nicotine-free?
- Why do I have cravings to smoke?
- How can I get better sleep?
- Why am I coughing so much?
- Is it normal to feel so tired?
- Why do I feel sad?
- How do I cope with anger?