Some people will cough as their lungs' defenses re-awaken and begin to clean house (extra mucus is generated, carrying tar and stored toxins with it). Coughing helps to get rid of excess mucus and tar. If your cough persists more than a few weeks or you cough any blood, see your doctor to be sure it is nothing more serious.
Articles in this section
- What should I do on Quit Day?
- What is 'withdrawal'?
- What are some common withdrawal symptoms?
- How long will it take to become nicotine-free?
- Why do I have cravings to smoke?
- How can I get better sleep?
- Why am I coughing so much?
- Is it normal to feel so tired?
- Why do I feel sad?
- How do I cope with anger?