In preparation for quitting, get in the habit of keeping your kitchen well-stocked with healthy snacks. Vegetables and fruit are good, especially ones that you have to peel or slice first, like carrots and celery, oranges, apples, melons, mangoes, and bananas. Cut your favorite veggies into sticks. Your hands and mouth will stay busy, and you'll get to eat something delicious and good for you. Low-fat yogurt is a good snack with protein. Sunflower seeds, almonds and peanuts are also good, but watch the amount. Minimize higher caloric snacks so you don't gain weight.
Articles in this section
- What do I need to quit?
- How do I get off the fence about quitting?
- What should I do if I'm afraid to quit?
- Why do I need help to quit?
- Am I too old to quit?
- How do I pick a Quit Date?
- How do I build a support network?
- Should I quit cold-turkey?
- Should I take quit medications?
- How can the QuitNet community help me quit?