Smoking addiction and its treatment occur on multiple levels. First, identify your main motivations for quitting. Consider quit-meds to manage withdrawal. Develop coping strategies to deal with urges. Avoid situations in which you'll likely relapse (at least until your quit is secure enough). Build a support network and use it daily.
Articles in this section
- What do I need to quit?
- How do I get off the fence about quitting?
- What should I do if I'm afraid to quit?
- Why do I need help to quit?
- Am I too old to quit?
- How do I pick a Quit Date?
- How do I build a support network?
- Should I quit cold-turkey?
- Should I take quit medications?
- How can the QuitNet community help me quit?